From Metro Police January 23, 2023: An investigation spanning nearly a month into a series of armed robberies at Nashville area dollar stores culminated Sunday night with the arrest of ex-con Terrance Turner, 43, who, through surveillance, was taken into custody shortly after robbing Dollar Tree at 2806 Smith Springs Road.
Turner, 43, is now charged with seven counts of aggravated robbery in Nashville in relation to holdups at these businesses:
- Dollar Tree, 2806 Smith Springs Road, December 28
- Dollar General, 2275 Murfreesboro Pike, January 2
- Dollar General, 2214 Hobson Pike, January 4
- Dollar Tree, 2806 Smith Springs Road, January 5
- Dollar General, 3803 October Woods Drive, January 10
- Dollar General, 2275 Murfreesboro Pike, January 12
- Dollar Tree, 2806 Smith Springs Road, January 22
In addition to the aggravated robbery counts, Turner is also charged with unlawful gun possession by a convicted felon and use of a firearm in the commission of a dangerous felony. Turner had a pistol when he was arrested Sunday night. A search of his Davenport Drive home led to the discovery of a second firearm. He has prior convictions for two counts of attempted 2nd degree murder and especially aggravated kidnapping.
Turner is also expected to be charged in Rutherford County with the January 8th robbery of Dollar General at 331 Fergus Road in La Vergne.
His total bond is set at $575,000.
This investigation was led by the Violent Crimes Division with assistance from Special Response Team officers and detectives from the South and Midtown Hills Precincts.